Thursday, May 24, 2012

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am very surprised with the outcome of my 2- Hour Presentation. I have been scared of this day ever since I found out about it my freshmen year. I believe that I went above what people expected from me my presentation.  I'm most proud of the quantity and quality of information I presented because it is valuable information and essential to managing a distribution business. I was also able to give examples which made it easier for my audience to understand.

(2) Questions to Consider


   What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?

I would give myself a P+ because of the content of information I presented out on. Business can be a topic hard to understand, which forced me to give examples of every little thing in order to get understanding from the audience. Furthermore I connected everything back to essential question in order to show how it makes sense. I also had a lot of information to share out on I didn't try to extend and repeat what I said several times in order. Also I feel that my activities were connected in a such way that allowed my audience to get an understanding towards my topic. 

What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?


I would give myself an AE for my overall senior project grade. I feel that I gave my heart out this senior year with everything I have done. I have never taken the easy way out and have tried my best. Furthermore I have always made sure to do my blogs on time, and revise them when I found a better answer. I have also obtained a lot of research, more then I was supposed to have. I have turned in all my interviews on time and made sure that I'm always up to date.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

The Independent Component and 20 minute presentation. The 20 minute presentation prepared me for what to expect on my two hour presentation. With the 20 minute under my belt I knew what to expect in the the two hour, which helped me calm down. Also the Independent component because I took college classes and met many new people interested in the same field as me. With an Independent component one has the freedom to pursue what they want.

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?

The 3-Coulmn chart did not work for me because I found it quite useless. It was difficult to understand the flow of the three column chart. I used my iSearch to refer back to any information I needed on my powerpoint. Furthermore if I had a perfect 3- Column Chart, I would still prefer to look back over at my iSearch paper because it was more detailed and specific.

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples. 

The Senior project really brought me out of my comfort zone. This was extremely complicated at first because I tried to avoid communication in order to hide my speech impediment. But I found that there to be no way to avoid it, because of all the components we had. I had to do presentations in my college class every time the class was in session. I also had an independent component in which I sold and bought phones. This consisted of improving my peoples skills and learning how to communicate to people in a confident manner in order to sell a product. This senior project is going to help me in the future because presentations don't stop here, Im going to have to do them in college, and in the business field once employed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment