Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blog 25: Service Learning


Literal

Here I have a log showing the first 25 hours, I finished my service learning back in January 01, 2012. I seem to have misplaced the second log, but have the signed pink form to back me up with my 50 hrs.

Business Name: Dairy Depot
Name: Lauren Heesch
Phone Number 626/81--4747 Ex. 4

Interpretive 
I was able to gain a tremendous understanding for distribution business. I learned how suppliers play a huge roles in these types of businesses, and how employees are the feet to the business.  Employees are the feet to the business because without them nothing gets done. A leader can't do the work of all their employees. If employees are motivated and feel valued a business will succeed. Also in a Dairy Distribution, one must ensure that there product doesn't expire and is sold before expiration date.

 Applied
This applies to my essential question, " What is the best way to manage a distribution business?", because in order to manage a business, one must consider many variables. These variables consist of maintain profitably, strategic planning, and relationship with your employee. I would have never found this out without my service learning. I saw that a strategic plan is needed in order to keep the business ahead. In order for a business to survive it must maintain profitability, and there are many way to achieve this in a distribution. One can check inventory, maintain customers satisfied, and find affordable suppliers. Finally maintaining a healthy relationship with your employees because without employees the business collaspses.

No comments:

Post a Comment