Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Helping 2013

Interviewee: Taryn Cronkite
Date: 04/25/2012
Time: 12:49PM


(1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
     
Their answer: I plan on doing psychology because I have always been interested in it, and I plan on being a psychologist when I'm older. Another possible topic can be invent planning, because it seems something I would have fun doing throughout the year. Furthermore I have an uncle that is most probable to help me out since he is an event coordinator for Vans.

What feedback did you offer when you heard the topic ideas?

I recommend that you do your senior project on a topic that you have abundant sources in. For example psychology would be a complicated area to do your service learning because there patient information must remain confidential. I would go for event planning because you will have an easier time obtaining information.

(2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?  

Their answer: It all depends on the topic I decide to go with. But if I go for event planning I will be able to work with my uncle, which shouldn't be a problem. I will be able to follow him around and go to all the Vans events that he coordinates.

What feedback did you offer them in response?

That is a great thing to do for your first 10hrs of service learning. Not only will you have the benefit of going to Vans events and enjoying them, you will also be able to do your service learning. Your basically killing 2 birds with one stone.

(3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?

Their answer: I hope they aren't boring and to learn something new or a topic that can potentially interest me. I can always change my mind regarding the senior topic.

What suggestions did give them regarding how they should approach watching the 2 hour presentations?

You should approach the senior presentations with an open mind, and be ready to learn a lot. This is a project that took the whole year to conclude and many people will have a lot to share about there personal experiences.

(4) What questions do they have about senior project? 

Their questions:
What is the hardest part of the senior project?
Answer: The hardest part of the senior project would be your 2hr presentation because it sums up all you have learned through out the year. You should take a lot if time to prepare for your two hours because you can't get yourself around it.

How much research do we have to do?
Answer: You have to do a total of 60 sources.

What are the requirements for the two hour presentation?
Answer: The requirements are to at least speak for 30 minutes and have activities that take up 30 minutes, which will total an hour. You can present for 1hr, but they give you 2hrs in case you need to take the whole duration.

What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project?

I would recommend you to take your time picking your senior topic because you will have to stick with it throughout the whole year. Also don't procrastinate because components will start stacking up and you will have a difficult time getting across them. Also deadlines are closer then they appear, and treat everything as a priority.





No comments:

Post a Comment